Thursday, April 22, 2010

On that midnight train to Georgia...

Oh, I wish how I could take a train to Georgia rather than drive alone with my 3 little ones! BUT, with my parents coming to town with my kids for Mallory's birthday, I had help on at least one leg of the Georgia journey to visit my parents for a few days. The kids and I decided to come to Gommy and Poppy's house while Patrick has a crazy work week. For those of you who don't know, crazy work weeks for Patrick means crazy weeks for me, too. So, we came to Elberton.

And oh, the kids are happy.

They've been going to bed late and waking up early, running hard outside, playing hide and seek, going on nature walks, eating pizza at Papa's Pizza To-Go, enjoying additional channels on digital cable that we don't get at home, playing with new toys, giggling and laughing A LOT. Evan has a difficult time settling down at new places so I've had to rock him to sleep at almost every naptime and bedtime (but really, that's OK). Ethan has been waking up before 6am ready to play. Gommy and Poppy are more worn out that normal (wonder why...). I did get to take a nap this morning because of my LONG night last night with my boys both peeing out of their diapers and needing clothes changes in the middle of the night. Going out of town has it's ups and downs. There are lots of ups. Lots and lots of them. But, the kids push additional limits whenever they are in a new environment. They've missed their Daddy. We've talked to Daddy a few times since we've been gone and his encouragement to "glorify God by obeying Mommy" has honestly helped them keep things in perspective.

We head home tomorrow. The 3.5 hour trek will probably take about 5 hours, but at least we'll eventually get home. There will be lots of whining and screaming and crying, but it's usually worth it. I miss my hubby. The kids miss their Daddy. But it's just SO fun coming to Gommy and Poppy's house.

1 comment:

Am+a said...

So glad you are having a good week with G&P. I hope your drive home was UNEVENTFUL and that the kids enjoyed their DVDs.

Miss you!!!