Thursday, June 29, 2006

Busy Days...

It's amazing how much time a little baby can take up in a day! It's hard to believe it's almost been a week since I've posted a message on my blog. Mallory is snoozing right now, so I have a few minutes before I try to accomplish everything on my list to get done today in addition to caring for my daughter!

We were out of town this past weekend, which was the first time we took Mallory on an overnight trip to somewhere other than Grandma and Grandpa's down in Georgia. It's amazing how much stuff we packed for her! And we used everything we packed! On our way to the east Tennessee mountains, we stopped for a brief visit to some friends who recently moved to Asheville. Erin and I gave birth 10 days apart, so it was fun having our daughters meet and share with each other our joys and challenges of being a mommy. Here is a picture of Sophie and Mallory.















Mallory is such great company for me as I go about my day grocery shopping, cleaning, visiting friends, etc. Erin inspired me to talk to Mallory more since she seems to say everything she can think of to Sophie. So, when Mallory and I went to the grocery store on Tuesday, I shared all of my thoughts with what we should buy as I carried her around in the Baby Bjorn. She helped me even decide to have 2 complimentary cookies instead of one, since she wanted a taste too! I love it when she helps me talk through those delimmas. Shee seems to be cooing at me more, too, since I've been prattling nonsense to her more. She's so much fun!!!

Yesterday, she went with me to Duke Energy as I gave my official resignation to my boss. It felt GREAT to have that behind me, though I still have much to do with getting all my benefits in order, which need to get done by tomorrow afternoon, since my termination will be effective tomorrow!!! WOW! I'll be officially unemployed as of Saturday. What a weird feeling. Anyway, after I turned in my notice, my boss took me to lunch at McCormicks and Schmicks, which was yummy! It's not often that a person gets taken out to lunch at a nice place after they quit! Mallory was so cute and hardly made a peep as she was passed from person to person. She's such a joy ! I had a great career at Duke and such a wonderful management team to work for. It was a nice 5 years there, but, I'm looking forward to just being a mom.

Mallory goes to the Pediatrician for her 2 month check up and shots this Friday. I'm not looking forward to having her get shots. I'm not that great with needles, but I'm very excited about hearing her statistics and growth progress.

I've gotta run, but I'll post more pictures soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on being done! I'd love to hear more about the trip!

Nicole said...

I was hoping to read more about your trip. Maybe I'll give you a call a little later. We just got home from the beach. It was nice to get away, but oh so different going to the beach with a little one! :)

Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Girl! Another great suggestion someone gave me with my second child... use basic sign language! We got a book from the library (in the kid's section for easy learning!!) and taught ourselves a few words. It was great! He learned to sign before he could talk! It saved much frustration on his part and ours, because we could communicate!

Some good words to learn: please, thank you, I'm sorry, eat, milk, more.

Even now, I'll use the signs for please or thank you when I see my children across the room - as a reminder to them! It works great and is very easy to learn! And fun!