Saturday, June 10, 2006

An evening of old movies...

I'm enjoying a quiet evening right now as my husband went to the movie store to pick up some old movies for us to watch tonight. We were looking online at the New Releases and couldn't find anything to suit our interest in over 100 movies listed there. Since we're both in the mood for a comedy, we browsed a few pages and found lots of movies that caused us both to reminisce about the great movies of the '80s and '90s. So, Patrick headed out with a mission to get Cool Runnings (which he's never seen), Ghostbusters (which I've never seen), and Men in Black (which we've both seen, but think is funny). I hope we watch Cool Runnings first!!! When I first saw that movie, I was a sophomore in high school and went to see it with a bunch of my friends from band. I remember laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. It's been many years since I've seen it, so it should be fun! But, I wonder if it will be as funny 13 years later AND if Patrick will like it (he gives me a hard time for picking out dumb movies). So, out of those 3 movies, which would you want to watch? Any interesting memories from when you first saw it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's see...I would pick "Cool Runnings," because I haven't seen the other two. But David likes that one too, so maybe Patrick liked it after all?

I think I saw that one when it first came out on video...there were no DVDs yet!

Nicole said...

Hmmm...yesterday I would have said Men In Black, but today I say Cool Runnings. Goes to show you what a difference a day can make! :)

Melanie said...

Well, we ended up watching Cool Runnings first and Patrick thought it was pretty funny. We've yet to watch Ghostbusters (he didn't pick up MIB...). Anyway, we'll see what the "jury" says about that movie. Jamie - I'm glad to see you'll be checking my blog. I'm planning on heading to the office by the end of this month. I'll keep you posted. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi!! This is great what you're doing on here. So fun. I've totally gotten hooked on myspace...so you'll have to check me out too (www.myspace.com/thetallredhead). Ah, I loooove Cool Runnings. "Yo Sanka, you dead mahn? Yah mahn!" I actually think I have that movie...on VHS of course :) Later...looking forward to lunch!!

Melanie said...

Ahhh...good ol' VHS. You know, I was watching Steel Magnolias the other day and there's a scene where Jackson is talking Shelby into marrying him and said "the VHS player alone is worth marrying for". Do you remember when VHS players were on the cutting edge of technology??? Geez, time flies! We watched Ghostbusters last night and it was pretty funny. Sigory Weaver is in it and she looks YOUNG with big, fat '80s hair. Too funny! I love the movies from the '80s/'90s. Can someone say Back to the Future??? Great Scott!