Sunday, March 18, 2007

Various updates...

1. My first OB appointment for Baby #2 is tomorrow. Yeah! I love these appointments.

2. We're under contract with a house that we both really like. We should close around the first of May if all goes well with the construction. I picked out my paint color on Wednesday. I picked out the kitchen cabinets and vanities on Friday. I'm still hoping to hear from the builder that granite countertops is an option (it should be according to the house description). If I can have granite, then I need to go pick out my stone. I get to pick out my light fixtures tomorrow, in addition to picking up the floor samples from my real estate agent. Fun Fun!!! I'll post pictures soon! It's been really rainy and cold here lately...it even snowed yesterday! Since it's been overcast, I haven't taken any home pics. I'll get some soon!

3. Patrick's job is going well so far, though he's had his stressful moments. He's still in a transition mode and will be in this mode for a few more weeks. He gets a new laptop, though, and a cell phone, which he's excited about. He has more conference calls now and is going to be more office-based come mid- to late-March. He's hoping to recruit a new therapist in the next few weeks...pray that it happens soon!

4. Mallory is doing MUCH better, though she's still nursing a cough. We've had a few rough days, but she's gradually on the mend. I'm still having trouble getting her to drink her bottle. She only eats about 3-4 ounces per sitting rather than 6-7, which means she's only getting about 12 ounces a day. Not much! She was rejecting all food on Friday and Saturday, but is gradually getting her appetite back. I'm concerned about her milk intake, though. She's a skinny minny and I don't want her to be mal-nurished, though I know she's a long way from that (she's got NO ROLLS on her at all!). I've tried to give her other dairy products (yogurt, cheese, etc), but she's just not interested (spitting out of her mouth, throwing them on the floor, crying if I stick a dairy product in her mouth, etc). She also doesn't like milk in her cereal. She's a pesty little chick when it comes to dairy, though it doesn't seem to upset her tummy. Do any of you have suggestions? Tips? Words of encouragement??? Should I be concerned about her dairy intake?

4. The Gators are still in the NCAA tournament!!! Gators all the way!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

1--Yeah! Those appointments are fun. Will the do an ultrasound to confirm due date? It's so fun to even just see the little speck that the baby is now.

2--What fun picking out things for the house! Hope all goes well with the contract.

3--I wouldn't worry about Mallory and her lack of milk/food intake. V was really sick during a trip to Thailand and ate and drank VERY little for about three days. It took a week after that for her appetite to return to normal. She lost 3 pounds in a little over a week, but as soon as she was feeling better, she started packing it in. Mallory will start eating/drinking more when she's feeling better. V's a skinny minny too! At 17 months, she's only 20 pounds! No rolls on her, either! Maybe I need to start feeding her more cookies!

Nicole said...

I agree about the dairy...she'll start eating and drinking again soon! Emma's also a skinny minny (19.1 pounds an d nop rolls - ever - at 18 months). What is it with our tiny little girls?? :-)

beth said...

Hope Mallory's feeling better. I wouldn't worry about the milk either. I didn't give mine dairy products at all until they were over a year old. Erin was tiny, too, but she was always and still is so healthy.

I can't wait to see pictures of the house. I'm sure you're having a lot of fun picking everything out!