Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is right around the corner!

I'm getting excited about our Christmas celebrations...starting tomorrow (hopefully). Why I say hopefully is because Patrick is supposed to be off tomorrow though he may have to see a patient. If he's off, I think he'll take Mallory to the gym, which she (and he) both love to do! I have to do my Christmas grocery shopping tomorrow because there is no way I'm going out into the stores on Saturday unless it's an emergency!

So, I've been looking through recipe books, trying to decide what to make for our meals around Christmas. Which, I guess, leads me to outline our plans for the coming week. Patrick is supposed to be off from Friday through Tuesday. His folks are planning to come into town on Sunday sometime, though I'm not sure when they'll leave. So, we'll have probably have our family Christmas on Saturday morning and then Christmas with my in-laws on Christmas Eve morning. My parents are coming in town either Christmas Eve night or Christmas morning and will stay through Wednesday sometime. It will be fun to have both grandparents here on Christmas Day. I'm looking forward to baking, roasting, mashing and sauteeing holiday treats and meals to fill our bellies, which help from Gram and Grandma though I'm hoping to have a lot of stuff done in advance so we can enjoy each other while they're here. BUT, for those of you, like me, who love to be in the kitchen, I want to spend some time there over the holidays.

Once I figure out what we'll be having, I'll share. In the meantime, I'll be doing an inventory of my cupboards, sifting through recipes, and making grocery lists. Fun, fun!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Grocery shopping on the Saturday before Christmas...no way! I went yesterday!! :-)

Joy said...

Wow! You're always a good planner. Nate and I are more...spontaneous. And I finished off the grocery shopping several days ago. Phew! (Actually that did require a little planning).