Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Falling farther and farther behind

I feel as though I've been putting off my blog because I'm so far behind with it. I keep reminding myself that this isn't a journal, but I like keeping track of our happenings for both my enjoyment and that of my family and friends who care. My photos are in backlog and I realize that I haven't even shown some of the beautiful pictures I took while on vacation back in October. My Christmas pictures have yet to be thoroughly sorted and I haven't picked up my camera in days. It's very very sad. So, I don't know whether or not to just drop and start anew, along with the new year, or continue to catch up when I can...

Mallory and Patrick went to go see Seasame Street Live tonight. It's actually about to start now...Mallory has never seen an episode of Seasame Street and didn't know who Elmo was until tonight when we pointed him out on a placemat she eats on almost daily. Patrick told her that she's going to see Elmo dance, so I guess she's excited about that. I hope to hear that she had a great time rather than she was scared to death of all the huge characters.

Ethan didn't want to go to bed immediately, so we snuggled on the couch for about 20 minutes before I finally put him down. I had planned to do quite a bit of blogging tonight, but his prolonged bedtime routine cut my time in half, but oh it was worth it. He's doing so much these days...I don't know where to begin on his progress, but he's jabbering up a storm, running, kissing, playing, and so much more. He loves his sister so much, too.

Patrick also took the kids to the Hands On! museum on Saturday while I had a few hours of shut-eye while recovering from my surgery. They had a great time and I'm looking forward to going back regularly now that we have season passes.

I could go on and on about lots of things, but I this will be good for now. I have some photos I'd like to sift through, which I need to do during this rare alone time I have. In the meantime, here are a few recent photos:

Patrick and Mallory heading out to see Seasame Street Live:























Mallory setting up her beloved Police Car (yes, I said beloved because it's now #2 behind Doggie) to eat some lunch:


















Mallory and Ethan at Hands On! with Patrick:

No comments: