Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowy Day...

Today has been one of those days where I could just sit down on my snuggly couch with a cup of coffee and read ALL DAY. If I didn't have kids, that's what I'd do. But, with the beautiful snow falling, it was simply calling us outdoors to play and enjoy its coldness. I bundled up the kids and we played outside this morning for a good 30 minutes before we were just too cold and wet. Mallory didn't care too much for the snow, and after talking to Patrick afterward our snow-jaunt, we agreed that her perception of the snow was very "Mallory-esque": something you'll think she'll love, she's non-chalant about and something you think she'll hate she'll love. She rarely goes bonkers over something.

Ethan loved running around in it, though his heavy jacket and boots made him very unsteady on his feet and he had lots of spills. I don't have any snow-garb, but it will be something I have to get in the near future. Anyway, it's beautiful outside and there are still a few flurries falling at the noon hour. I think that I'll brew myself a pot of coffee (or maybe some hot cocoa will suffice), get my book, and read.































No comments: