Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's been a full week!

We've had a very busy week and for some reason, my blog has taken the back burner. I've been a little hooked on Facebook these days, which a lot of my blogger friends can relate too, but there's so much more I feel as though I can share with my little community of readers here rather than the masses on Facebook. I do post more pictures there, since it's MUCH easier and faster to upload pics onto Facebook than on my blog. I'll just start linking the albums into posts, though.
Anyway, here are a few things we've done this past week:
1. We invited some of our good friends over for dinner on Friday. Good food, good fellowship. I can't remember the last time we had friends over for dinner...that's a bad thing in my book since I wish to be a little more hospitible with what I've been blessed with. It was refreshing to open up our home to friends and I hope to do it again soon.
2. Patrick took the kids to the park while I had a morning off on Saturday. I had a massage and a pedicure...both so wonderful! Patrick suggested my morning off, which was a wonderful way to extend thoughtfulness to an exhausted wife. Thank you so much.
3. We went over to some friends house for a BBQ on Saturday night. Oh, what fun it was to be outdoors, playing, bbqin' and enjoying the spring-like weather. (pics are here)
4. We had a very lazy Sunday. Other than church, we rested.
5. Monday was crazy. I had a DR appt in the morning and my friend (who came over Fri night) volunteered to watch the kids so I could go alone. Oh, what a blessing!!!! I brought home lunch for us as a way to thank her. I could have bought her the whole restaurant, but a #1 from Chick-Fil-A seemed to suffice. The kids and I spent a lot of time outdoors soaking in the rays of the bright sun. Oh, it's so nice outside!
6. Today, I took the kids to the park again before it cools down tomorrow. Mallory is a little monkey and Ethan is very obsessed with eating dirt. I loved watching them romp around enjoying the slides and sand. Ethan's on hour #2 of his nap and Mallory still hasn't wound down enough to sleep. (more pics here)

I love spring, though we're not quite there yet, I've been getting a teaser of what's lurking behind the corner. I love the smell of burning charcoal grills wafting through the air and freshly cut grass. I love the sound of lawn mowers and sprinklers going. I love hearing the laughter of children over the sound of squeaking swingsets in motion. I love that people are starting to appear in their backyards, escaping the hybernating state of the winter months. I love the feel of the grass and sun rays. I love walking while hearing the birds making their way back from their travels south. Spring is such a wonderful season.







No comments: