Friday, March 20, 2009

Storytime at the library

We've been going to the library on Thursday mornings so the kids can listen to storytime, participate in a craft, and have a little social interaction. Our first adventure to the library was a huge success - loads of books at my kid's disposal??? Oh, they loved it. We went to the library 3 times before we attended storytime and the first storytime adventure was a nightmare. Mallory screamed/cried almost the whole time and Ethan ran around like a mad-man looking/touching everything. I questioned WHY I tried this in the first place, but if at first you don't succeed, try try again.

So, I took the kids back to storytime this past Thursday (for the second time) and it was a huge hit. Mallory knew what to expect and she actually interacted with the storyteller and other children. She loved the craft and other things that we did. Ethan sat on my lap and remained distracted with the little secrets I keep in my purse for such occasions. It was a huge hit. And when we left, she waved at everyone and told them to have a nice day. I was very happy. This is a nice peice to our schedule that is fun for the kids, enjoyable for me to watch them have fun, and all importantly, free.






No comments: