Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A bit of catching up to do...

It's been a little while since I've "blogged", so I guess I have some catching up to do. Patrick and I headed down to my parent's house in Georgia last Friday for a visit. It was nice to show off my big girl to her grandma, grandpa, and aunt Amanda. She slept the entire 3 hour trip down there, which I was SOOO thankful for! Thanks to her snuggly Britax carseat, she sleeps like a dream whenever she get's put in it! When we arrived on Friday night, she was bombarded with hugs and kisses from her baby-deprived "Gwampa". He's SOO in love with his little "Gi-Gi" (Gwampa's Girl).














Mallory has been sleeping so well lately (about 7 consecutive hours after her 11pm feeding), but she was a little fussy in her new environment. My mom (and dad) didn't like hearing her cry herself to sleep, so after my permission, my mom held her until she fell asleep on her chest (which is about the sweetest thing EVER). On Saturday morning after I fed the baby, my parents watched the baby AND the dog and let Patrick and I get a few extra hours of sleep, which was SOOO nice! We're up at 6:30 every morning now-a-days, so it's nice to sleep a little longer than our norm. Thanks Mom and Dad! We spent Saturday hanging out at my folk's house and Mallory was always in someone's eagerly open arms for some lovin'.



















Aunt Amanda was SOO obliging to hold her little neice! My sister and her husband live several hours away from us, but only about 4 and a half from my parents. Their house is a good rendezvous point for us to see each other. Plus, it gives my parents the opportunity to see both of their girls and, more importantly, Mallory :-). On Saturday afternoon, we ate pizza at Papa's Pizza To-Go (the best restaurant in Elberton, hint-hint) and my mom showed off her little granddaughter to all of her customers! She has pictures of Mallory up all over the restaurant! It's pretty funny, actually. Later on Saturday, my dad was playing with Mallory in their hot tub, which was so fun to watch! He blowed bubbles and was kissing her feet and she LOVED it! She was so cute watching him be crazy over her. I have a video that I'll post when I have a little more time...















Patrick spent a lot of time on Saturday lounging around the house and getting some much-needed R&R. He's been really busy lately and it's nice to escape the projects around the house and go to my folk's place. Since there is really nothing to do in Elberton anyway, it's easy to do nothing (not that I'm giving Elberton a bad rap!!!).

We had a nice visit, but it always seems to go by too fast! There was a lot to do when I got back....laundry, cleaning, etc. I had got sick on Friday when we went to my folk's house and I'm NOW just starting to clear up. Mallory was a little sick yesterday as well, but is getting better. We turned on the humidifier in her room and she cleared up really quick! Humidifiers are GREAT! I'm spending the rest of this week getting ready for a week-long trip to Florida. My mom, Mallory and I will be heading south on Sunday to visit my best friend in Jacksonville, my grandparents and other relatives in Ocala, some childhood friends in Gainesville and my sister in Albany, GA. It's going to be a lot of driving, but a trip I'm very excited about. It's been a year since I've see my extended family...and a lot has happened in this past year, so it will be fun to catch up.

Well, I may have time for another post before my trip, but if not have a great week and I'll see you all when I return from sunny Florida!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you hear this all the time but your sister looks EXACTLY like you!

Melanie said...

Yes, Yes...people have said that before. A big difference between us, though, is that she's about 5 inches taller than me!