Monday, July 3, 2006

Painting...AGAIN!

Well, I've painted the master bedroom...Again! For those of you who don't know, this is the 3rd time I've painted this bedroom in 3 years (can someone say WHY????). The first time I painted it was before Patrick and I got married. He told me that he wanted a bedroom "stone gray". So, I painted it gray and I was going to decorate with black and white. But, our dog came along and she totally ruined the white decor. So, I decided to do a different look. I wanted to paint it a soft coral color, but it turned out BRIGHT coral. It definitely woke us up in the mornings!!! I DID NOT like the way that color turned out and it took me 3 comforters to find the one that looked good with the loudness of the room. Once it finally looked with the bedding, I figured I could live with it, since it was pretty (just LOUD). So, with a potential of us moving, I figured I would tone down that room, so I've finally picked a color that works, though I'm still not crazy about it. The color I picked was called "Ivoire" (pronounced Ivory) and it looked ivory on the swatch, but I think it looks like masking tape, which is more yellow. So, I have a "desert camel" (deep yellow) living/dining room/foyer, a pale yellow nursery, a daisy yellow master bathroom, and a "ivory yellow" master bedroom. I didn't mean to have so much yellow in the house!!! But, it's OK. The bedroom is MUCH better than what it was before, so I can't complain too much. I've looked high and low in all my pictures to find a "before" shot. I thought I had one, but I can't find one! Here's an after...and I'm NOT painting this room again! One thing I've learned (after 3 times of painting this room): whatever color I like on the swatch of colors in the paint store, always get the shade lighter. :-)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

It looks great!! I liked it before, too!

Unknown said...

I think it looks really good, Mel. Not as yellow as you described it on Sunday :-).

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it looks really nice. It'll look good on a homes for sale website!
Joy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.