Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Well, it's been a while since I've "blogged" and I'll have to catch you all up on my Florida trip in another post. I'm currently packing to head out of town AGAIN this weekend, but will try to get a newsy post up soon! In the meantime, here are 13 facts you may/may not know about me...

1. I love crafts. I enjoy making things with my hands rather than buying things.
2. I'm a huge game player, especially cards. I'd play cards every night if I could. Whenever I go home to my folk's house, we would play cards for hours. Well, that was before the grandbaby arrived!
3. March is one of my favorite months of the year. Can anyone say NCAA?????
4. I love macaroni and cheese. That's my comfort food.
5. I played 1st base on my high school varsity softball team all 4 years of school. My nickname was "Big Mel"...I don't know if I should be sharing that...BUT I was told it was my nickname because I was the tallest girl on the team... :-)
6. I would like Mallory to learn how to dance. I've always loved dancing, but I've never taken lessons. Maybe one of these days I can drag Patrick to some.
7. I hate cleaning bathrooms. It's the chore that I put off the most.
8. I collect teacups
9. I love to sing...especially with my mom and sister. We watched so many musicals growing up and listed to records/tapes/CDs ALL the time. So, whenever we get together, we always burst into song if some random comment reminds us of a familiar tune. Some people say it's very annoying, but we don't!!!
10. I used to work for Duke Energy as an Application Developer. I'm now a mommy and pursue photography on the side!!!
11. I'm a sucker for a good chick flick.
12. I have crooked ring fingers on both hands. That's always annoyed me!
13. I LOVE going on a cruise! It's so nice being pampered for a week. If you've never been on one, you have to go one day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Have you ever played the card game Nerch???? It's a favorite of ours with friends. We need to get together for some dinner and card games one night! :)

Melanie said...

Jen - I haven't heard of Nerch, but it could be the same as "Nertz" that I LOVE to play. I've heard the game named many different things, so it could very well be the same...we'll have to compare notes sometime. :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»