Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To Linda

Around 7:30pm, a dear sister in Christ went home to be with her Savior and Lord. It was an honor to be Linda's friend. To know her. To be a recipient of her kindness. To see the joy of the Lord radiate from her eyes despite her tiring fight with cancer. Linda has left a legacy with her children that is irreplaceable; she rejoiced in the Lord always, loved her spouse to distraction, looked proudly on her children, and, most importantly, lived for Christ first.

Linda always included hymns in her emails that spoke what she felt. So, as a tribute to her, here is a hymn that brings me such comfort. I looked over a bunch of hymns and felt this was most appropriate for her. To Linda.

Almighty Father of mankind,
On Thee our hopes remain;
And when the day of trouble comes
I shall not trust in vain.

In early years Thou wast my Guide,
And of my youth the Friend;
And as my days began with Thee,
With Thee my days shall end.

I know the Power in Whom I trust,
The arm on which I lean;
He will my Savior ever be
Who has my Savior been.

My God, Who causedst me to hope
When life began to beat,
And, when a stranger in the world,
Didst guide my wandering feet.

Thou wilt not cast me off when age
And evil days descend;
Thou wilt not leave me in despair
To mourn my latter end.

Therefore in life I’ll trust in Thee,
In death I will adore;
And after death will sing Thy praise
When time shall be no more.

Almighty Father of Mankind - Michael Bruce

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that picture of the four of them. What a special woman she was! And what a glorious day in Heaven it was yesterday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the picture, Melanie. It's a keeper.

beth said...

Thanks for the hymn, Melanie. I'm sure it's one Linda would have loved to sing. I have that picture on my fridge and it makes me think of both the Longbrooks and you, the generous photographer friend.

Spirit of Adoption said...

That is a GREAT pic of them!!! I can't believe her battle is over now, but I know she is worshiping freely in heaven, and I'm ever so thankful for the Lord's grace in making her such a powerful testimony of His sustaining grace and kindness!!! Praise Him!!!

Unknown said...

I have been wishing so much that I had a picture of her....thank you for taking and posting that beautiful picture. It does my heart good to see her face.