Thursday, August 9, 2007

Busy Week!

Has it really been a week since my last post??? Goodness, I can't believe how time has flown and how busy we've been. We had Patrick's folks in town this past weekend and we REALLY enjoyed their company. They left on Monday morning after taking Mallory and I to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, one of our favorite places to eat. It's a good thing it's about 4 miles from our house!

On Tuesday, I took Mallory to one of our local state parks, Warrior's Path. This park is LOADED with activities for adults and kids alike; it has the BEST playground I've ever seen and it's absolutely huge! There's a lake for water activities and fishing, a pool, disc golf, an 18-hole golf course, and mountain bike trails. It takes us about 15 minutes to get there and it's on the way to Patrick's work. Whenever we go, Mallory runs around all the sidewalks, testing the difference it feels under her feet compared to the ground. She constantly walks off and then onto the sidewalk! She doesn't seem to care about all the playground equipment, though she really likes being put in the swing! After the park, we made a surprise visit to see Daddy and brought him a big glass of McAlister's sweet tea and a chocolate chip cookie. He LOVED the surprise.































We have a busy weekend, too. We're heading to Asheville to attend a friends 30th birthday party and are spending the night with them and another family we know from Charlotte. It will be good to see Erin, Nathan, Sophie, Carson, Carol and Parker! Mallory should have lots of activity! We also have a few other things planned, but I'll share all those in a later post. Today, Mallory and I just got in from having lunch with a lady who just moved here from Indiana (her husband just started working with Patrick at Gentiva). I think it was refreshing for both of us to become friends, especially since we both not only desire fellowship but Christian fellowship with another sister in the Lord! Mallory has crashed from her busy day and I'm about to join her, though I hope I can get some shut-eye while our fence is starting to be built outside (VERY exciting!!!).

No comments: