Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter!

We had a great time over Easter with my parents. The kids had a great time with Gommy and Poppy; it had been since December since they had been able to visit us. The kids warmed up to them very quickly and it was so much fun to watch all the cuddle action.

I did lots of cooking last weekend, something I enjoy greatly but don't get to do often because of the time it usually takes to make everything from scratch. But, I had an excuse and people to help entertain the kids while I could enjoy my kitchen and making things to feed hungry bellies. I tried my hand at a carrot cake, which ended up being very, very good. We ate on it for three days and it was GONE!

As a family, we had spent holy week reading Mark's account of Jesus' last week and singing hymns. We were amazed at what Mallory remembered in both the story and in song. On Easter, we tried to have an exciting day remembering that Jesus did not stay in the tomb, but lives...and will live...forever. In addition to the true meaning of Easter, we indulged in the excitement of hidden eggs and Easter baskets, though we did nothing to hype up an Easter egg hunt or the baskets. It was fun to watch the children enjoy the day, open gifts, and dress up in their Easter finest.

On Easter Monday, my folks took the kids out to "Old McDonalds" to play and drove them around for a while so I could have a quiet morning at home. Any time I can get peace and quiet, I try to enjoy it as much as possible (as I'm sure other moms can appreciate). We had a great holiday and can't wait until we get another visit from Gommy and Poppy!










































































1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow!! Ethan looks like such a big boy - in his tie and all. Looks like you guys had a great time! Take care...