Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tonight's Prayers

Today has been one of those days...tiring, long, never-ending. And on days like today, when Patrick isn't leading our evening devotions, I tend to want to hustle through them because I'm just plain tired. Tonight, though, I didn't. We read a few fun books, then we spent time reading I John 4:7 and following, which is what they're are currently memorizing. We read from the Jesus Storybook Bible. We sang "And Can It Be" and "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". And then I asked the kids to pray:

Ethan:
"Dear God, thank you for sending your Son to be the propitiation for my sins. Create in me a clean heart, Oh God. In Jesus name, Amen."

Mallory:
"Lord Jesus, Dear God, thank you for sending Jesus to rescue me from my sins. Teach me to love others. In Jesus name, Amen".

These words are verbatim to what they prayed.

Oh God, how you lift up my soul through my children! I had to write these prayers down so I won't forget how he uses little children to glorify himself the most. Thank you to my sweet husband for teaching them to pray.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

My, those are some big words for such little mouths! It's very sweet... :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful...I love it when our children's faith bolsters our own. Reap and sow, reap and sow...