Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Are you from Tennessee?

"You're the only 'ten I see'." I hear this from Patrick ALL the time, which is sweet but annoying when I hear it OVER and OVER!

Well, it's official. We are moving to Tennessee sometime in the middle of September. There is A LOT to do between now and then, but we're excited about starting this new adventure in our lives. It will be VERY sad to leave all the friends we've made in the last 5 years of living in Charlotte, especially leaving Patrick's parents and our dear church family. We anticipate LOTS of company to come visit us in the mountains of Johnson City, TN (skiing, hiking, and for you NASCAR fans, Bristol!!!)! Please pray for us in this endeavor and that the inevidable chaos won't overwhelm us to the point of missing out on Mallory's early months. Also pray that we won't succumb to unneccessary arguments between each other!

God is sovereign and we praise him for this opportunity! May He be glorified in our move!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

While I'm confident of God's Soveriegnty in our lives and this move, I'm deeply saddened at the thought of you guys leaving. I'm even more sad when I think about how little time we've spent with you guys since not being in your small group. We're praying for you guys and this process.

Jerry said...

Hey Mel, I found a place for you guys to rent in Johnson City.Check it out! I'll come and stay with you!
http://www.cottageonwataugalake.com/

Melanie said...

Wow! Only 1800 per week? What a STEAL! So, are ya gonna express me some moula for that???

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I got your message late last night so that's why I didn't call. I figured this was the outcome of the phone call though
:( I'll talk to you soon...

Anonymous said...

Wow Melanie!!!! Such mixed emotions over this. So excited for you guys but sad that you won't be around here anymore. Is Johnston city close to where Donna and Jody are?? It sounds familiar. Why are you guys moving?? Is is Patricks job? We lived for 2 1/2 years in TN before moving here. Germantown, outside of Memphis-west side. I have a feeling Johnston city is East side from what I know. We really liked TN. Especially Germantown where we lived. Really pretty area! Hopefully I will see you Sunday and we can talk more. Will be praying for you all during this time. We have moved 3 times while being pregnant and with young children and we know how crazy the whole move thing can be sometimes. Ally was 8 weeks old when we moved here. That was indeed crazy. I told Bryan never again sooooo soon after giving birth.