Friday, August 4, 2006

Yum-Yum Time is Over!

253 - that's the number of how high my cholesterol is. I was shocked when I found out this past Monday! So, I've decided to start some more exercising and totally changing my diet. I'm now walking my dog every morning around 7am, which I've done for the last 3 out of 4 days. I've dropped almost 3 pounds since then, which made me realize how much my lack of activity and eating habbits affected me! But, it's been REALLY hard to give up my evening ice cream. I have a "yum yum" bowl that's about a half-a-cup big, which holds maybe a scoop and a half of ice cream (much smaller than my usual 3 or 4 scoops!). I just use a smaller spoon to make it seem like it's more than it really is!














(Then and Now...respecitively)

I hoping that in these coming weeks and months, I'll be able to lower this cholesterol and feel better about my well-being (for those of you in Bible Study yesterday, it's a way for us to be "busy at home"!!!).

So it got me thinking, what would be the hardest thing to cut from your diet if you had to?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute bowl.

I think chocolate would be up there for me (it's not even 9:30 and there are brownies in the oven right now!).

I don't buy ice cream very often, because if it's here, we eat it. If it's not here, we usually just have a cup of tea at night or maybe some cereal.

That said, right now there is Breyer's vanilla and OREO both in the freezer!

Anonymous said...

(I'm calling you this afternoon after my boss leaves, btw!). Ah, welcome to the high cholestorol club!! You can totally bring it down with diet. I took mine from 249 to 199 in 3 months. Walking the dog is perfect...keep it up! Just start looking for low-fat and low-cholestorol stuff. That was the easiest way for me. No more fried foods, fatty meats, eggs, cheeses (except lowfat), etc...You get my drift! And you will definitely feel better...I can tell a huuuge difference!

Oh, and the food hardest to give up...FRENCH FRIES! I miss those so much, I cry at McD's commercials...

Luv ya...CBI :)

Nicole said...

I would have to say cheese...hands down. I LOVE it. I don't have to have it on all my food, but I could eat cheese abd crackers all day long. Hummmmm....maybe that's why I like Mexican food so much...the cheese!

Anonymous said...

Mine would be cheese and chocolate both!