Thursday, August 31, 2006

Our anniversary...

Yesterday was our 3rd wedding anniversary and this one will go down in the books!

I was up in Johnson City yesterday and by the grace of God (and my mother!), we have found a place to live. I met my mom up in our new city and she helped me out with Mallory and also made some phone calls for me to different property management companies to inquire about rentals. The place that she called yesterday morning was the managers of the house we'll be renting. It's a little house that will suit our needs for the next 6 months or so until we can find permanent housing. The place we found will allow pets and a short-term lease, praise God! The back yard is HUGE and has a 6-foot privacy fence, so there is absolutely NO WAY the dog can jump over this fence! If she does, then she's made of magic or something! Now, we haven't had any problems with digging, so hopefully we won't face that. Anyway, it's going to be nice. It's hard to believe that in 15 days, we'll be Tennesseeans! Gosh, it's hard to believe how quickly our move is approaching!

Patrick and I went out to a nice dinner last Saturday, so at least we got to celebrate a little for our anniversary. I was sad to be away from Patrick the majority of our actual anniversary day, but it was necessary for us to find a place to live! And God provided!

As of yesterday, I thought we had 3 weeks until we moved. My mom kindly announced that I really only had 2 weeks before we moved. Yikes! 7 precious days were mentally taken away from me and I'm now in overdrive. We have SOOO much to accomplish in such a little time. It's overwhelming at times, but I'm surprised at how I'm not consumed with worry. God is my strength and with Him, we'll get through! I'm so glad that He's coming with us to this new city. I have to confess that I've been pretty lonely at times these past two weeks. I know that it's only going to get harder, but I also know that the Lord is with me. I'm so glad I have Mallory, too. She's my buddy and will keep me company during the lonliest of times.

Keep us in your prayers as we embark on these next few weeks, which will probably be some of the most difficult weeks of our lives.

I just wanted to share what's been going on in our lives. So, if I'm not faithful with my blog for the next few weeks, please forgive me! :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! God has been faithful to you and Patrick for three years (and many more besides!). That's definitely something to celebrate.
I can relate to the loneliness of leaving one life and starting up a new one in a different place. It's almost like mentally you have made the move, but you are not there yet! I am excited for you and Patrick as you move on to this next chapter. David and I always bonded a lot when we moved...mostly because we only had each other to talk to! There is a sweet month or two where the phone doesn't ring quite so often and there aren't so many immediate needs outside of your own home and family. You guys can just be a threesome and relax and enjoy househunting.
We'll be praying for you.

beth said...

Happy Anniversary, Melanie and Patrick. I'm glad you got to celebrate together and thank God for your precious family. We're going to miss you so much but know that God will provide new friends and a church family for you in Johnson City. I'm so glad you found a house to rent. We'll be praying for all the details of the move and for your peace of mind in the midst of the boxes and chaos!

Anonymous said...

Happy (late) Annivesary Melanie! We will be celebrating our 13th Anniversary at the end of September. Good month! :-) I'm glad you guys found a house to live in!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! I meant to tell you on Saturday, but of course I forgot!! I'm so glad you were able to find a house that will work for you in the short term. We will miss you so much! We are praying for you guys, espcially you being home the most and trying to care for Mallory and pack!