Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

My favorite 13 holiday Christmas movie moments...(Thanks to my friend, Kelly, who started the holiday movie idea...)

1. From "White Christmas"...the scene where Bob, Phil, Betty, and Judy are sitting around the table after the sister act and Phil pipes up about reading an article about orange juice and it's affect on children's teeth. The way Phil trys to change the subject of conversation to family and kids and the way Bob says "Pushing, Pushing" always makes me laugh.
2. From "The Elf"...the scene where Buddy asks for maple syrup on his spaghetti...and the response to the question "So, do you like sugar?"..."Does Maple Syrup have sugar in it? Then YES!" is so funny!
3. From "While you were sleeping"...the scene where the newspaper delivery boy falls off his bike
4. From "Christmas Vacation"...the first scene when the family sings "Deck the Halls"
5. From "It's a Wonderful Life"...the scene in the Ice Cream shop when George and Mary are kids and Mary says "George Bailey, I'll love you 'til the day I die"
6. From "It's a Wonderful Life"...the scene when Harry toasts George as "the richest man in town". I ALWAYS cry at that scene!
7. From "White Christmas"...when Bob and Phil dance the sister act
8. From "White Christmas"...when the General walks down the steps of the Vermont Inn, enters the theater, and the whole room is filled with soldiers. I ALWAYS cry at that scene, too!
9. From "White Christms"...all the song and dance numbers. What a GREAT movie...definitely my favorite! I could probably quote most of the movie
10. From "The Christmas Story"...the box marked "FRAGILE"
11. From "While you were sleeping"...when Joe Junior accuses Jack of "leaning" into Lucy
12. From "Peanuts Christmas"...when Linus recites the christmas story...and then at the end, all the kids hum "Hark the Harold Angels Sing" with "loo's"
13. What are yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! YES!!! I LOVE #3!!! I ALWAYS LAUGH OUT LOUD AT THAT ONE!!!

I haven't seen "Elf" yet, but I'm thinking we should definitely rent that one!

Spirit of Adoption said...

There's NO WAY I could remember 13 different scenes from ANY amount of movies!! I'm impressed! : ) I don't remember the boy falling off his bike in While You Were Sleeping, BUT that IS one of my favorite movies : ) My favorite scene is when they are outside her apt, and they end up both falling on the ice : ) Such a fun/sweet scene : ) I'm a sucker for those kinds of scenes!

It's been fun to read off and on how things are going there....I RARELY comment b/c I'm usually nursing when I read!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! So, I have 2:

#1: The entire "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" movie :) Nah, my favorite scene from that movie is the whole house-lighting scene. "G-g-g-g-g!" The it finally lights up!

#2: In "Elf" where Buddy encounters the little guy in his dad's office. "Oh, he's an angry elf!"

Hey, when you've got a moment gimme a call...I've got some news for you ;)