Thursday, November 2, 2006

Chicken!

I found the cutest chicken costume at Toys R Us last week and decided to get it for Mallory's first Halloween. She was a sight! Cayman dressed up as "Smokey", who is the mascot for the Tennessee Volunteers. Patrick has decided to root for the Vols, since I come from a Gator-loving family. My brother-in-law is a Seminole and Patrick has decided to become a Vol; both teams are equally as bad as the next in a Gator's mind! But, Cayman was cute despite the ugly color of her sweater!

Mallory had her first pediatrician appointment up here on Halloween. I really like her doctor and was pleased at how thorough they were in understanding her medical history so far. Though it's not much, it's still nice that they were sensitive to her extended hospital stay at birth and made sure that they understood what happened. She ended up getting some immunizations, which I hadn't planned on. I turned down an outting with some of the ladies in the play groups that I've been going to since I wasn't sure how Mallory would react to the shots. Given that she had her shots at 3 and we were going out around 4, I just didn't want to do that to her! She ended up skipping a nap, which is ususual for her since she loves to sleep! Around 5:45, Patrick and I decided dress her up and to take her out to downtown Jonesborough for the festivities going on down there. We figured she'd fall asleep and we'd enjoy some time strolling around and people watching. She did fall asleep for about an hour and later woke up to the sounds of a local bluegrass band picking away at their banjos. She had a good time looking at all the lights and listening to the music. We later enjoyed dinner at Cracker Barrell, which Mallory was also awake for. She ended up not reacting to the shots like I thought and was pretty much a happy camper all night. We had a memorable evening and enjoyed getting out into the sights and sounds of our new surroundings.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! And it looks like Patrick is wearing Volunteer Orange, too??

Unknown said...

I forgot to say that Mallory makes a cute chicken :-)

Melanie said...

I'd like to say Patrick is showing his "true colors" in wearing the blue vest in addition to the orange. And I agree - Mallory DOES make a cute chicken!!!

Nicole said...

She's the cutest chicken I've ever seen!