Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Craft Idea

I was sharing all of my Christmas craft ideas with my friend Dana and I realized that I wanted to share one of my crafts from last year with you all...

I remember flipping through the pages of a Pottery Barn magazine last year and saw large frame (either 16x16 or 12x12) with a big white matte (to fit a 6x6 picture) and the matte had a bunch of colorful Christmas sayings on it. I remember thinking that I could make something like that, but didn't quite know what to do. So, as the Christmas cards started coming in and piling up...all with pretty Christmas scenes and sayings, I figured I could use cut-outs from the cards, tape them on a matte, and make really pretty frames for my family! I ended up making about 8 frames; one for each of my family members. Some frames I used cut-outs from one card and others I used a conglomeration of things from a variety of cards. The frame and matte combo were on sale at Michael's for about $5 and the enlargement was $.99 at Wal-Mart.
So, go get yourself a frame, matte, scissors and double-sided tape and have fun decorating!

Our frame I made last year:

















Details:

No comments: