Thursday, December 7, 2006

Our Christmas Tree!

On Tuesday night, we went to go pick out our Christmas tree. It was a brisk 25 degrees when we went to get the tree. It was COLD! Mallory did so well, despite her tired eyes and pink cheeks. She barely made a peep the whole time we were outdoors.

We went to a local tree lot in Elizabethton who hand pick their trees from a tree farm up on Roan Mountain, about 30 miles east of here. The trees looked so fresh! The lady who was helping us said that they had just been cut the day before. Oh, there's nothing like the smell of fresh cut frasiers!

We picked out a tall, narrow tree instead of a full-based tree. We don't have a lot of space for a tree, but the tree we picked fits perfectly in its little nook. I have only got around to putting lights on the tree, but I will probably finish decorating it this evening. When I grew up, my mom always popped in Irving Berlin's White Christmas when we decorated the tree. Now, I can't seem to decorate without it! I usually watch that movie at least twice over the holidays. Patrick has never seen it and I am committed to have him sit down and watch it with me this year!

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: