Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Good news from the doctor...

Back in June, I made a post saying that my cholesterol was a whopping 253! I went to the doctor last week and just received my labs in the mail today. My cholesterol has dropped to 208! Though still a tad high, I'm so thrilled by how much it's dropped!!! Praise God!

I'm not too good with needles, so when I had my blood drawn for the labs, I got a little tense praying that I wouldn't faint. When she poked me with the needle and drew the blood, it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. At that moment, I looked over at my daughter and realized that the pain of childbirth has usurped the pain of a needle prick. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not going to voluntarily offer my arm to a needle! It just didn't hurt as much.

My doctor's appt was the first step of others that I have to see. My mom is coming up to watch Mallory for me in Jan when I go to the dermatologist to get some moles removed AND go to the OB/GYN for an exam...both in the same day! I'm not looking forward to that (though it will be nice to have a visit from my mom)!

Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news about the cholesterol!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great news!!! You look like you've lost weight in the recent pictures, too. Is all that walking paying off?

Melanie said...

Walking and 2 or 3 times a week at the gym. I'm 3.5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy!!! I'm looking forward to reaching that goal./