Thursday, December 7, 2006

Gingersnaps!

I love Gingersnaps, but I've never made them. I've decided that I wanted to do some baking this year, eventhough I'm still trying to drop the last few pregnancy pounds. While I was sifting through my handy-dandy Betty Crocker cookbook, I came across a recipe for Gingersnaps and decided that this would be the cookie I make this week!

I had all the ingredients except Molasses. I've never cooked with it and was surprised by how cheap it was at the grocery store! I put Mallory in her car-shaped exersaucer in the kitchen, played some Christmas music, and started the cookies.

They smelled so good while they were baking and I couldn't wait to taste them! When they came out, I patiently waited for one to cool before I had my first taste. Boy, were they good!!!

This will NOT be the last time I make Gingersnaps. In fact, I will probably write this down as one of my favorite cookies of all times.

Thanks, Betty Crocker, for showing me the way to one of my cookie favorites! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look very yummy, Melanie!! I love gingersnaps, too.

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look delicious Melanie! Gingersnaps are some of the cookies we make every year. I love them! I especially love the smell of gingersnaps! :-) We will be making our annual cookie trays for our neighbors in about a week and a half. I look forward to it so much each year! The older the kids get the more fun the tradition gets!

It was good to see you guys on Sunday, just wish we could have talked a little more. Mallory is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Gingernaps are my favorite cookies. I have a great recipe from Joy of Cooking and whenever I make it, I usually triple it! That's how fast those cookies go. I tried a new recipe the other day to take to small group and they turned out great. They're sort of a chocolate gingersnap and are very easy to make. I'll have to post the recipe.

I love the way gingersnaps look when they bake. Great pictures of your cookie endeavor.

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Looks like a stock photo :) Luv ya...