Thursday, April 12, 2007

Our Easter and Mallory's 1st Birthday Celebration

Well, we've been so busy lately enjoying celebrations with our family. We spent last weekend at my folk's house down in Georgia to spend Easter and celebrate Mallory's 1st birthday with Grandma, Grandpa, Gram, Pops, Aunt Amanda and Uncle David. We had a full house and we really enjoyed being together all weekend. Mallory was a bit overwhelmed by all the attention and barely left my lap while we were around everyone. When I went out of eyesight, she screamed for a few minutes and eventually played with her toys, though bregrudgingly and with some tears. It was a challenge for me to visit with everyone, since Mallory was center of attention and I was frequently shooed from the room so she would be willing to go to someone other than me! She was SOOO clingy and we're still working on it, eventhough we've been home for 3 days.

Anyway, we arrived on Friday afternoon, along with Patrick's parents, and enjoyed a pizza dinner after Mallory retired for the night. The next day was spent celebrating her birthday. She wore a special birthday girl outfit, provided by Gram, and she was definitely "Queen of Sheba" for the day. We ate lunch at Papa's Pizza To-Go and Mallory couldn't get enough pizza, though she cried whenever I left her side to get more! She also enjoyed sucking on a chicken wing bone (Sharon L. would be proud!!!). She was pretty wiped out afterwards, but she didn't take a very long nap. I think she was ready for presents!!! And, oh my gosh, there were TONS of presents! She received so many toys and clothes!!! She didn't really know what to play with first and kept going from toy to toy!

We ate cake after dinner, which she really didn't know what to think of. She kept stroking the cake as if she was petting a dog, though she doesn't really know how to pet a dog! She never took a really big bite of cake, so that wasn't too exciting. I didn't get any pictures on my camera of that because my family members had their own cameras and Patrick had the camcorder. I'm looking forward to seeing the video!

We enjoyed attending church together the next day in celebration of our Lord's Resurrection. We had a big Italian lunch afterwards, which was quickly followed by the departure of my sister and Patrick's parents. Once the "crowd" dwindled, Mallory was much better at venturing away from my lap! We "hunted" Easter eggs with Grandma and Grandpa, a tradition my sister and I fondly remember as kids. Mallory wasn't too interested, but it was fun carrying her around and filling her basket with the eggs. Patrick and I were able to get some relaxing in before we headed back home on Monday. It was a nice trip and I'm glad we were all able to be together.

My days now have been filled with packing (which I'll have to write another post about), planning Mallory's birthday party here, making appointments for choosing things for the new house, and resting at the opportune times. God has blessed us and though we're anticipating some incredibly busy weeks ahead, we're looking forward to the outcome of our efforts!

The Birthday Girl!















Eating pizza at Papa's Pizza To-Go with Grandma and Grandpa



















Sucking on a Chicken Wing!














Opening presents














Mallory's first "tatto" (Thanks Grandma!)



















Easter picture of the Moss Family



















Easter Picture with Gram and Pop












Bunny Ears from Mallory's Easter Basket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Easter you guys!! So many great pictures!!

I'll be sure to tell Sharon about the chicken bone...;-) That cracked me up!!

beth said...

Happy Easter, you all. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with everyone. The first birthday of the first grandchild is certainly a special event!

How are you feeling, Melanie??