Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A funny thing happened...

So, yesterday while I was driving up to our new house to unload some stuff, Patrick called me from FL and after I reached for my phone, it immediately slipped out of my hand and into an open cup of water. I quickly got it out and we were able to talk for about 5 minutes, where I informed Patrick of my cell-in-the-water incident, before my phone started acting funny. I took out the battery, dried it up, and put it back in. When my phone powered on again, I had a black screen that told me to insert a USB cable for data upload. What?!?!?!

When Patrick called me later that night from his hotel, he informed me that as he was washing his hands after dinner, his cell phone dropped in the sink under the running water and it died. At first I thought he was joking and making fun of me for "immersing" my phone, but he was serious. Go figure! Two cell phone deaths in one day in the same family, hundreds of miles apart, by the same culprit - WATER!

The dilemma was that we were cancelling our land line as of Friday, which meant we would have no means of communication since ALL of our phones would be unreachable. Our contract ends with Cingular (our Charotte numbers) in June and we were planning on switching to Verizon since all of our family members are "in", so we just decided to do everything a month early. Anyway, one of my first objectives this morning was getting new cell phones!!! We both have new spiffy phones and new numbers. Email me if you need our contact info.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, this makes me feel better. I dropped my phone on the floor and got the same weird message! The Cingular people said that they had never seen anything like it. I had the motorola v551...was that what you had??? It did it several times in between working before it finally never recovered and I had to get a new phone. Sorry you had such a hassle but new phones are so much fun! Can't wait to see your new house!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh funny! Timing couldn't have been better on that one!! Praise the Lord!!!! : )