Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What the DR thinks...

Well, I felt pretty good at the DR yesterday, but am now feeling back to where I was a few days ago. VERY FRUSTRATING!

When I saw my DR, he said it could be one of 3 things:
1. I could be stretching from the growth of the baby. He didn't really think this was the case, since the baby is still pretty low in my belly and my pain is higher towards my rib cage. I told him I had round ligament pain with Mallory around 18/19 weeks and it was MUCH lower than where I'm feeling it. But, he said that each woman stretches differently with each pregnancy, so it could be a possiblity. It's still baffling, though, because I'm only 15 weeks. Who knows...

2. I could be experiencing really bad acid reflux. Though it could be a possibility, I highly doubt it because this feels NOTHING like heart burn or acid reflux. But, I've taken my share of Tums in the last several days and I do have a perscription for a more hefty acid relief if I so need it.

3. My pain could potentially be from a Gallbladder disease. I am experiencing sharp pain on my upper right side, but I think my pain radius is more broad than just the right side. But, to "rule it out", we drew some blood and have ordered labs to test my Gallbladder. We should know something by the end of the week. If it is my Gallbladder, it shouldn't affect my pregnancy, which is good.

If it's not #3, then I'm going to continue downing Tylenol every 4 hours. If the pain still doesn't go away, I'll go and see the doctor again to figure this out. In the mean time, I'm finding it VERY difficult to do nothing in my new house. It does feel good to lay down and I'm very thankful for one child at this time...and my child is so good at taking naps and playing by herself. I love her more everyday...I don't derserve a child so wonderful!

Please keep us in your prayers. I'll keep you posted on what the DR says and how I feel.

Mallory's take on all of this:
h gn mnm89 rxrdzssssssamasas=9['''''''''''

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I've been behind on reading blogs lately. Hope you're feeling better! When I read your symptoms, the first thing that came to my mind was your gallbladder. Keep us updated!

Joy said...

I'm sorry you're feeling yucky. As Nicole said, you'll have to keep us updated on the mystery pain. Isn't it amazing that, after all those years of school, doctors can't always figure it out?

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh Melanie! I'm so sorry!!! I hope this gets better soon!! May the Lord give you DR wisdom!!! I'll be praying and look forward to hearing an update!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Melanie. I hope your Dr can figure it out soon. I started having severe abdomin pain too, a few months ago. I was in tears one day it was so bad. After several test and not being able to figure it out- an ultra sound was done and we discovered a large cyst on my right ovary. The pain was really bad for about 5 days and then eased some but never really went away. We have started noticing a pattern that when I ovulate each month the pain greatly increases. It is not just on my right side but throughout my abdomen but is more severe on the right side. I have to have another ultra sound and if it's not shrinking on it's own I will need to start treatment to take care of it. You might mention a possible cyst to your Dr. if all other things are exhausted.

Keep us posted! It's so hard to be in pain when you have children to care for. :-(

Courtney said...

Sorry for the continuous pain. I'm sure it is frustrating. Hang in there...I'm sure there will be a resolution soon! Luv ya.