Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Paint Job

It seems as though every 4th of July weekend I get an urge to paint. I can think of 3 different 4th of July holidays that I painted in the last 4 years! Well, I painted our 4th bedroom down in the basement a nice, cool "sky high" blue in anticipation of my sister's visit beginning tomorrow. I have had the room taped and the paint bought since we've moved in, but this was the first time I really had a chance to do it. My vision for this room is to be various shades of blue and gold (which is the color of the linens). My Marcel Mouly print fits nicely in this space (print over the bed), and I'll eventually add several other pictures in gold frames. I might hit a few antique stores...or maybe even shop the local TJ Maxx...to find other odds and ends to make a home in there.




















Patrick took Mallory to the park today and then lunch at Bojangles (where she ate a biscuit and fruit - no chicken for her!). Patrick was impressed at how she mealed down on the biscuit and had many compliments from other customers at how cute his little girl was.

Anyway, it was fun for me to paint and get this room together. I still have some ideas of what I want to add in here, but for now, it's cool and comfortable. The bed is made with fresh linens, ready for our guests to arrive!!! We can't wait!

4 comments:

Joy said...

You have quite the knack for decorating. Too bad you moved! No orange paint this time around?

Melanie said...

I've learned my lesson where orange paint is concerned!!! I learned that I like cool colors; bright colors are just too risky
:-)

Unknown said...

That little secretary is beautiful!

Nicole said...

Looks great! Want to come to Charlotte and do some painting over here? ;-)