Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

Though we had a WONDERFUL holiday season, I'm ready to get life back into a normal swing. I figured I'd give a small recap of our holiday and then I'll make some separate posts with some recent pics...which I know some of you are anxious for!!!

1. We had both sets of grandparents for Christmas. Very Special. Very Fun.
2. We bought Mallory her first potty. Now, I've got to start the lessons.
3. We went to see the light display at Bristol Motor Speedway. It was VERY cool. Though we sat in line for an hour before we entered the gates, it was worth it. I think Mallory will enjoy it a whole lot more next year.
4. We went to Elberton (where my folks live) for a few days around the new year. It was our first trip with Ethan, who did VERY well. Cayman stayed in a kennel this year (recap of what happened last year can be found here and here). We had a lot of fun relaxing, playing games and watching the kids and their antics. I love going to my folks house. I can always relax there.
5. Patrick got to watch Star Wars episodes 4, 5, and 6 on the big screen in Elberton, where the community theatre was putting on a Star Wars film fest. He missed 1, 2 and 3 but got to see the important ones. I went and say Episode 5 with him (his favorite - Empire Strikes Back). It was very cool.
6. We visited with one of Patrick's cousins who happened to be passing through our neck of the woods. Erin, who he hasn't seen in over 10 years, was a delight!!! She and her husband were only here for an hour, but it was fun to catch up and visit with a long-lost family member.
7. All the Christmas decor came down on the 3rd and the house looks like normal now. I miss the eclectic look of Christmas, though it will be fun to spruce up my living room with some new accessories with some Christmas money. :-)
8. I have a New Years goal of getting back to my wedding weight by the end of next year. Thanks to having 2 babies, I'm a little off, but I think I can loose 25 lbs in 12 months. :-)

If I think of some other things, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm glad you guys had a great holiday! It is nice to get the decorations:) down and your house back to normal again, huh! And, you can totally do the weight thing. Give yourself a break. Only a few months out and I'm sure you look great! Love ya...CBI

Nicole said...

Sounds like a busy, but fullfilling hoiday! I certainly understand wanting to get back into a routine! We took all our decorations down this weekend. I love having them up, but it is so nice to have my house back!!!

Joy said...

Wow, you're thinking potty training already? I've had enough potty training for a while, so I think I'll let Grace do it herself.

Happy New Year to all four of you!