Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Fun - Part 2

Our kids like the water. Ever since we took them to a waterpark earlier this year (I haven't posted on that...but I will eventually), they both talk a lot about going to waterparks. Mallory will play in her toy car, telling me she's taking Doggie bye-bye to the waterpark. She loves it.
Since it's 20 minutes or so away and is only open until 6, it's hard to get there by the heat of the day during after-nap timeframe. We've known that we live VERY close to a lake beach, but it's one of those places that's not the best place to take the kids by myself, so we really only go if I have someone with me. Well, a few weeks ago, we were trying to figure out what to do with the kids when we remembered Boone Lake. We ate an early dinner, packed up the kids and drove the 5 minutes to the Lake. The kids LOVED it.

They both like playing in the sand. I had found some sand toys that I had purchased for Mallory's 1st birthday and brought them along. Mallory was content to stay on the beach and venture into the water when she was curious about Ethan's antics while Ethan pretty much ran around, unafraid of where he was going or how deep he was going. The boy just loved the water. He loved the sand, too, but he didn't which one he liked best. All in all, it was a HUGE hit, it was free, and I'm hoping we can do it again before the heat of the summer goes away.



























1 comment:

nicole said...

How fun!!! Hope you get to go again!