Friday, October 6, 2006

Company this weekend!

I'm so excited to host my parents this weekend! I've been piddling around my house hanging pictures up, cleaning, preparing the guest bedroom, meal planning (which is SO fun!), and sharing with Mallory the excitement of her grandparents arriving tomorrow morning! I'm going to the grocery store this afternoon to pick up the food. I'm planning on preparing 3 recipes off of my friend Beth's blog (Peach Cake, Cream Cheese Peppers, and Jalapeno Syrup), which are perfect since my dad and Patrick enjoy hot peppers. We just bought a brand new queen-sized bed for the guest room and it arrived yesterday. We now have a comfy place for guests to stay (hint hint) instead of an air mattress on the floor.

I'm just so excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't sound excited at all!!!! Ha ha!

Enjoy your weekend! I love having guests, too!

beth said...

I hope you enjoy the recipes! I love those cream cheese stuffed peppers and so far everyone who's come to our house who likes peppers, loves them. The jalapeno syrup is so yummy on so many things, too. I've even eaten it on vanilla ice cream...sounds weird but it's not bad. Enjoy your family. I know it will be such a blessing to welcome them to your new home.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your family this weekend Melanie. Thinking and praying for you and it's good to hear that things are well.