Tuesday, October 31, 2006


This past weekend, Patrick, Mallory, Cayman and I went to go visit my folks down in Elberton, GA. It had been several months since we had visited. My sister got the ball rolling on having us all gather on this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday, which both happen to fall on the same day. Mallory was a happy little girl who was gladly passed from one set of arms to another. We spent the majority of the day on Saturday watching football (Go Gators! Go USC!), eating good food, and playing some competitive games of Texas Hold 'Em. Congrats to Aunt Amanda and Uncle David for the victories!

We look forward to us all being together again at the end of the year for our Christmas celebration together. Family is so special and I'm blessed by the Lord for the family he's given to me. My mom and dad are so wonderful and my sister and I both feel so special when we go there. Mom always has our favorite treats on hand and makes our husband's favorite meals. We spend hours talking about our lives, memories, extended family, football, etc. We relaxed a lot and just enjoyed each other’s company.I also wanted to share another wonderful heirloom that my mom gave Mallory. As you may or may not know, my mom is an incredible seamstress. She's made Mallory some cute little things so far, but what she recently made tops a lot of them! I have wood floors in my home and I don't have any rugs to cover them. I haven't wanted to purchase any, since we're only going to be in this house for another few months. So, I've been laying out blankets on the floor for Mallory to play on. It's still not a lot of padding for her and it's been a pain for me to lay the blankets out a few times a day. So, my mom designed and made a beautiful butterfly play mat for Mallory to play and enjoy her toys on. Mom was very creative in the way she designed it; the material has different textures for her to feel (flannel material; terry cloth from an old, soft towel; quilted material). It's also easy for me to remove the cover to wash it. It’s comfortable for Mallory and it’s SOOO easy for me to put down on and pick up from the floor. It's beautiful and it's something that she'll cherish for a LONG time.

We’re looking forward to gathering again soon when Christmas rolls around! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's beautiful! Great job, Mom!

I can relate to the hardwood floor dilemma...our first two places had hardwoods.

Nicole said...

WoW! That is BEAUTIFUL! I'm a little jealous! Maybe your mom will make one for Emma ;-)