Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grandma's Frogs

My grandmother was a major crafter before arthritis claimed the use of her hands. She used to sew dolls, frogs, quilts, and many, many other things to give to others and to enjoy for herself. She made these frogs for me when I was a little girl. My grandfather made the stool for the frog to perch on. My grandma painted it.

Mallory has grown to like these little frogs and has aptly named them "Pink Frog" and "Blue Frog" respectively. She carries them around with her on certain days when her attachment to them is heightened. I try to keep them away from Ethan because the eyes are a choking hazard, but I let him play with them while I'm in his company.

Anyway, I took this pictures and sent them to my grandma for her to enjoy while recovering from her surgery. She's doing OK, by the way. They're hoping she can go home soon, though she did develop another staph infection in her blood. Luckily it's not MRSA!


No comments: