Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years - and a little catch-up

I can't believe it's been a week since I've blogged. SOOOOO much has happened in the last week, I don't know even where to begin. So, here's a *brief* list of our happenings:

- After we got back from Charlotte, we had 2 days to prepare for our Christmas at home. I wrapped a bunch of gifts and anxiously anticipated the reactions of the receivers. My favorite gift I received from my hubby was...well, everything. He gave me a shark steam clean mop (by request), an new feather pillow, an alarm clock that projects the time on the ceiling and a new bag to tote my ever-growing necessities. I gave Patrick 8 photo books including all of our photos from Jan '06 - Oct '08. We spent 2 hours looking through them all. It was many, many months well-spent. The kids received odds and ends from us, nothing major but everything well-thought and special.
- I removed the shower door in the Master Bath on Christmas eve. The seal wasn't completely sealed and caused lots of nasty-ness to fester. Well, after removing the door and TRYING to re-seal it, I realized that the shower door frame doesn't sit flush to the shower stall. Long story short...and a few tears later...we now have a pretty shower curtain (which we both rather prefer). Can anyone agree that shower doors are a pain to clean????
- We loaded up the car and headed to Elberton at 5:30am on Christmas Day. We were there until Sunday afternoon and had a great time together. Patrick went full force back into work on Monday while I went full force into unpacking, calling goodwill to pick up unwanted furniture, shopping for my new W&D (yeah!), cleaning, blah blah blah.
- Yesterday was a doosey. I honestly don't have the mental capacity and time to reiterate the events of the day, but in short, I miswired a 4-prong dryer outlet which fried the new dryer after it was plugged in. But, we didn't realized the dryer was fried until this morning after I purchased a voltage meter to make sure that the fuse didn't bust. Patrick and I spent 2.5 very stressful hours last night trying to figure out the mistake I made regarding the miswiring. Patrick was certain that I miswired the outlet, but we weren't sure if we busted the breaker or the dryer. It was tense. But Lowes, oh, Lowes, how wonderful thou art...I called them last night 5 minutes before they closed to tell them of our situation. They were here today at noon with a new dryer and it installed beutifully. No harm, no foul.
So, today...I sit here with my hubby and daughter while my son sleeps awaiting the dawn of 2009. I don't think Mal will make it, but it's nice to spend these last few hours of '08 with her. We had a great year and look forward to '09.

Here are some pics from my Christmas production earlier in the month...I know, I'm behind but I have to tell you that I haven't even transferred any pics I've taken in the last 10 days from my camera to my 'puter...there's been no time!

No comments: