Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Evan is 7 months

It's been a trite long while since I've picked up my beloved SLR. I miss it. I miss it a lot. Along with my 22.5 lbs, 30" long 7-month-old I have to carry, the gear I have to schlep around is another 50 lbs and counting. My bags (and my back!) just can't handle my Canon. There have been so many moments, so many pictures I've ached to take and my trusty old point-and-shoot just doesn't do the trick. Well, it's been taking pictures OK, but the pictures are just OK.

So, I dusted Canon off this week. She and I have re-connected just a bit. I did take Evan's 6-month pictures, but all I did was load them on my computer and I don't think I've even looked through them *choke* *gasp* *sniff*.

My older two cause my head to spin and I locked them up in their rooms yesterday and demanded they take a nap. Well, not really. But I was a hair shy of doing a nappy dance (no pun intended...) before Ethan drifted off to dreamland and Mallory just stayed quiet. Me, Evan and Canon had some time together. And I've been learning some new PSP tricks (that's Paint Shop Pro; I'm boycotting Photoshop...for no particular reason). I've had lots of fun in my spare time. Wait, did I just say spare time????



Evan is a sugary, sweet little boy.


Coy, too.

Which rhymes with boy.


And he likes to play with toys.


He's pure joy.

Okay, enough of that.


He sucks on his bottom lip quite often as if he's wishing he had his pacifier in his mouth.


He looks at me like this when he wants to be picked up. Or, at least that's what I think he's asking me with those big brown cow eyes of his. Because whenever he does look at me like this, I pick him up. And kiss his squishy cheeks.



And then I melt.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE! I love the last one.

nicole said...

p.r.e.c.i.o.u.s. So sweet!! I could just eat him up!!

Dawn said...

Great pics!!