Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bili Boy

Ethan is our little glow worm. Literally.

He has a high biliruben count, leaving him a nice, jaundice-y yellow color. His level is high enough for our pediatrician to recommend him take in some phototherapy sessions with "bili-lights". We had a home health agency show up at our house today, leaving us with a phototherapy blanket, which is on Ethan all the time except for being changed or bathed. It's a pain, but it should help the biliruben clear out of his system. The phototherapy blanket makes him look like a bright, blue firefly. Our little glow worm.

I have pictures to post, but I just wanted to give a brief update on why I haven't been posting lately. As for me, I'm still very sore and very tired. Mom is staying an extra day or two to help adjust to the phototherapy stuff, since it causes things to be even more complicated. Patrick is off all next week to help me out, too. And the dinners start coming, too!!!! Thank the Lord for loving family and friends.

More to come later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, poor guy. And poor mommy! Be encouraged that mommy's milk is also very good for jaundice! And if he's still eating as well as you say, he should be over this in no time.

Praying for you!

beth said...

How wonderful that your mom can stay a little longer to help out. I can't wait to see more pictures of your little bili-boy. We're rejoicing with you at God's goodness.
Lots of love,
Beth

Shannon said...

I hope you are feeling better. Patrick said the other night that you might be going to the Doctors.

Let me know if you need anything.

I'm bringing you a meal tomorrow night :) Hopefully all these meals will help you guys out!