Friday, November 16, 2007

Great News!

We went to the pediatrician again yesterday for another biliruben test and the doctor said that Ethan looked so good that he didn't need to take the test! Plus, since he's gaining weight like a champ, I could count yesterday's visit as his 2-week check-up and I don't have to go next week (MAJOR blessing since I would have taken both kiddos by myself)!!!

To celebrate, we went to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. Mallory entertained herself by chewing on the containers of jam (FYI...honey is VERY sticky and spreads everywhere and blackberry jam won't stain if you used lots of Spray N' Wash). Ethan quietly slept in his carseat while we enjoyed a yummy down home breakfast.


As for me, I'm still on the recovery. After 11 days, I'm still very sore and am trying to be patient in the healing process. I get frustrated very easily, but Patrick keeps reminding me that I will eventually heal. :-)

OH - I had my first outting today with just the kiddos. We went to playgroup and I felt like I accomplished a major victory getting them in and out of the car by myself. I think I can do this multi-kids thing. :-)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so good to hear!

If you ever want to meet at the park...just call me, and we'll make it :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the outing! You'll be an expert at it in no time.

Unknown said...

i'm very impressed, melanie! i've heard that the transition to 2 is bigger than the transition to just one. you're paving the road ahead of me. and, patrick's right...you will heal!
thanks for the updates!
stacey lanier