Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ethan Price Moss

For those of you who did not read my sister's comments in the last post (smart thinking, Amanda!!!), Ethan arrived on Monday morning, Nov 5, around 9:27am. My water broke about 3am, so I was only in labor for about 6.5 hours this time around (13 for Mallory). Labor was hard, but God was so gracious to sustain me through it all. My mom was able to make it in time to see Ethan born, which was special for her and for Patrick, since I know he needed her support as well. Gram and Pop helped care for Mallory while Ethan entered the world, which was a huge relief for me to know she was well taken care of. Thanks, also, to our neighbors who came over at 3:30am to sit with Mallory until Gram and Pop arrived around 8am!

Ethan was 8lbs 6oz and 25 inches (CORRECTION - he's 20 inches - Thanks Courtney!) long. There were no complications with my labor and unlike my experience with Mallory, I was able to keep Ethan in my room for a few hours before he was taken to the nursery for his first assessment. I was able to nurse within an hour of his delivery and he ate for about an hour! He's a good little eater.

We left the hospital yesterday about 5:30pm, a little less than 36 hours from delivery!!! It was wonderful to be home last night with my whole family. Mallory still has a lot to get used to with Ethan here. Continue to pray for her. She loves it when I can be alone with her but has issues when I hold Ethan. Every time she sees me, though, she'll get better.

I will update more later, but for now, enjoy the pics!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Ethan pictures!!

Welcome home, Melanie. I am so glad that you were all prepared and that Gram, Pops, Grandma and the neighbors were ready when you needed them.

Love the family picture of all 4 of you.

I can't wait to see you around at Thanksgiving and give everyone a hug. I'm so proud of you and your beautiful family.

Lots of love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mel, did you make the hat and blanket yourself?

Unknown said...

Yay!!! He looks GREAT! I'm so happy for you guys. It was always such a treat for me to be home again and have everybody together!

Enjoy these days!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Melanie and Patrick! I'm SOOOO happy for your whole family! He is beautiful! Enjoy your new blessing!

Melanie said...

The hat was given to us by the hospital. There is a volunteer group that knits hats for the babies (which I need to find out about!!!) The hat I crocheted him fit, but he's wearing the hat that mom made him in the picture of us at home. The blanket in that picture is the one I crocheted. I'll have to take a picture of both the hat and blanket I made and the coat and hat mom made. He's a cutie!!!

Dad just got here and is loving on Ethan. He's a proud grandpa!

Courtney said...

Yeah...Little E's finally here!! And 25in. long?? Wow, he's a TALL boy :) Of course he's so special because he's yours and Patrick's but he's extra special in my heart because he was born on my dad's birthday. You've always been so steadfast with remembering 9/10 every year so it just makes little Ethan's b-day that much more precious. Enjoy...

christy said...

Congratulations, Melanie. Ethan is just beautiful.

Nicole said...

He's just precious! I love the picture of all four of you! What a beautiful family!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Melanie!! It is super exciting to see your newest member of the family after all that waiting. May God bless your first days together.

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Love the pictures!!!! Glad to hear that your Dad arrived...I know he is loving on those grandbabies! We miss you already!!

Love you lots!!!

Mom and Dad M.

Spirit of Adoption said...

WOOOHOOO!!! He's here, he's here, he's here!!!! And he's ADORABLE!!! : )

WAY TO GO with the labor, nursing, and getting out of the hospital!!!!

love ya'll

beth said...

Melanie,
We're so thrilled for you and thankful for an easier delivery this time around. Can't wait to talk with you. Praise God for his mercies and for this precious gift of Ethan Price.
Lots of love,
Beth

Michelle said...

Congratulations! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Melanie! I am late checking in here but am so excited to come to your blog tonight and learn of Ethans safe arrival!!