Friday, July 18, 2008

A little bit 'o rearrangin'.

My mom came up for a visit for a few days this week, which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed. It seemed so brief, eventhough she was here for 4 days. I had shed a few tears when she bid me her goodbyes as I didn't want her to go, but I know that we'll see each other again soon. Whenever mom (A.K.A. "Gommy") comes to visit, I'm always able to get so many things done that would have taken me weeks to accomplish. She not only helped me do loads and loads of laundry, she watched the children for me as I went to the dentist, applied for my passport, and ran several other errands, she gave the children baths and put the kids to bed every night she was here so Patrick and I could enjoy some time out and about with each other, she lowered Ethan's crib mattress for me (since he is *almost* pulling himself up in his crib), and so many other things I just don't have the time to list. It's also very nice to chat with her about life and kids and I can't express how much I enjoy watching her enjoy my kids. It's a delight.

While she was here, I was vocalizing how I was, yet again, unsatisfied with the arrangement of my living room. It's such a big space and it's very hard to make it warm and cozy. I was telling her how I'd like to move the couch here, flip the rug around, blah blah blah and she said "Let's do it!". So, after vacuuming, dusting, and a little back bending, we rearranged the furniture (for the 3rd time since we've moved in) and I must say I'm liking it. Again, I can't explain all the whys and hows of the better arrangement due to time, but it's strides better than how it was. Patrick came home to the new arrangement (I hadn't told him we were doing it) and he really liked it. I think once I add curtains to the window, it will really warm it up. I was planning on buying fabric yesterday, but I found out that my local fabric store is having a one day sale next Saturday where all designer fabric is 1/2 off. Now, since I'm planning on buying fabric upwards of $20-$25 a yard at 6-7 yards a pop, that's a HUGE HUGE savings.


Anyway, here are some pics of the new arrangement now (here it is before):

No comments: