Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Visit with Poppy

My dad came up for a brief visit, mainly to get a grandkid fix, but also to hang out with me as well. It was nice to see him and I was sad to say goodbye to him this afternoon. We had a lot of fun going to the park yesterday and to Chick-fil-A today. He was supposed to stay until tomorrow, but I think my mom needs him back home. Mom's mom fell in the wee hours of Sunday morning and broke her hip. She had surgery on Sun afternoon and the surgery went well, but last she heard the doctors were trying to regulate her BP, which was consistently high. In addition to the stress over her mother, one of their employee's father died on Monday and that employee needed to go to Ohio to be with her family. Needless to say, my mom has a lot on her brain and definitely needs my dad there to support her. I wish I could be there for her, too. :-)


















Anyway, I appreciated my dad coming to visit even though mom needed him home. And I appreciated mom letting dad come to visit, even though she needed him home. We had a nice time and, again, I love watching my parents love on my kids.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's very sweet! Your dad's a very sweet man. Cherish every second (which I know you already do!) Take care...